Subject: [PATCH 0/3] Asciidoctor fixes for 2.48.0

From: Martin Ågren <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 21 Dec 2024 00:18:15 +0100

The Asciidoctor build of the documentation regressed a bit with
a38edab7c8 (Makefile: generate doc versions via GIT-VERSION-GEN,
2024-12-06).

I think these issues and fixes are fairly orthogonal to the recent
discussions beginning at [1], with fixes being discussed beginning at
[2]. I've tested these here patches on top of that series' v1 [2]
rebased onto a38edab7c8, as well as on top of its recent v3 [3] as
applied on the indicated base-commit.

With these patches, I can use

  make USE_ASCIIDOCTOR=YesPlease doc

and

  ./doc-diff --asciidoctor <...> <...>

with similar results as pre-a38edab7c8.

On top of current master [4], these patches help, but for "doc-diff",
the GIT_VERSION injection is still broken (as expected, that's why
[1,2,3] exist). These here patches don't refer to doc-diff or those
other patches [2,3] and could go in independently or on top.

These patches are based on [3] applied on its indicated base-commit.

[1] https://lore.kernel.org/git/[email-masked]/

[2] https://lore.kernel.org/git/[email-masked]/

[3] https://lore.kernel.org/git/[email-masked]/

[4] v2.48.0-rc0-38-gff795a5c5e

Martin

Martin Ågren (3):
  asciidoctor-extensions.rb.in: delete existing <refmiscinfo/>
  asciidoctor-extensions.rb.in: add missing word
  asciidoctor-extensions.rb.in: inject GIT_DATE

 Documentation/asciidoctor-extensions.rb.in | 5 ++++-
 1 file changed, 4 insertions(+), 1 deletion(-)

-- 
2.48.0.rc0.241.g3cddc25e2a