Subject: [PATCH 0/2] refs: a couple of --exclude fixes

From: Taylor Blau <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 5 Mar 2025 20:19:47 -0500

This short patch series fixes a couple of quirk's with the --exclude
feature in for-each-ref (and the corresponding low level bits in the
reftable and packed backend).

The issue described and fixed in the second patch was reported by SURA
here[1]. While working on that issue, I noticed a separate issue that
merited fixing in its own patch, which precedes the fix I intended to
write ;-).

Thanks in advance for your review!

[1]: https://lore.kernel.org/git/CAD6AYr-ZC32VNfUfMB63H-rQRfTdV=[email-masked]/

Taylor Blau (2):
  refs.c: remove empty '--exclude' patterns
  refs.c: unify '--exclude' behavior between files and packed backends

 refs.c                  | 20 ++++++++++++++++++++
 t/t1419-exclude-refs.sh | 12 +++++++++++-
 2 files changed, 31 insertions(+), 1 deletion(-)

base-commit: 6a64ac7b014fa2cfa7a69af3c253bcd53a94b428
-- 
2.49.0.rc1.2.g7e6a5e020ba