Subject: [PATCH 0/6] doc: --stdin on notes and core.commentChar mentions

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 20 May 2025 19:57:18 +0200

From: Kristoffer Haugsbakk <[email-masked]>

I wanted to fix `--stdin` in the git-notes(1) documentation.  Then I
found some other things on that doc as well as things to do with
`core.commentChar`.

I was unsure how I should refer to the config since `core.commentChar`
and `core.commentString` are aliases.  I just went with the first since
no other docs mention the second.

§ CC

Peff: for 9ccf3e9b22b (config: add core.commentString, 2024-03-27)

Teng Long: for 3d6a3164649 (notes: introduce "--no-separator" option,
2023-05-27)

Kristoffer Haugsbakk (6):
  doc: stripspace: mention where the default comes from
  doc: config: mention core.commentChar on commit.cleanup
  doc: notes: split out options with negations
  doc: notes: mention comment character configuration
  doc: notes: point out copy --stdin use with argv
  doc: notes: treat --stdin equally between copy/remove

 Documentation/config/commit.adoc  |  7 ++++---
 Documentation/git-notes.adoc      | 24 ++++++++++++++++++------
 Documentation/git-stripspace.adoc |  3 ++-
 3 files changed, 24 insertions(+), 10 deletions(-)

base-commit: cb96e1697ad6e54d11fc920c95f82977f8e438f8
-- 
2.49.0.780.g892193c3f50