Subject: Re: Cogito nit: cg-update should default to "origin".

From: Dan Holmsand <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2005 03:52:22 +0200

Petr Baudis wrote:
> Actually, I wasn't too happy with the current update-to-HEAD special
> case. Sure, it's similar to SVN, but SVN's concepts are totally
> different here, and this special case wart (which does really do
> something entirely different than normal cg-update) is one of the
> Cogito-related shadows in my mind. What about moving this special case
> to something like
> 
> 	cg-restore
> 
> and changing the defaulting of update and pull back to 'origin'? I think
> people do this cg-update without arguments so seldom that changing this
> now shouldn't hurt much, right?

How about making the restore thing a special case of cg-cancel instead? 
"Restore deleted files", and "restore deleted and modified files and 
unseek" are similar enough that people will now where to look. Something 
like "cg-cancel -C" (for careful), that only restores deleted files 
would do it, I think.

/dan