Subject: Re: [PATCH 6/6] breaking-changes: switch default branch to main

From: Phillip Wood <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 4 Sep 2025 14:30:58 +0100

On 04/09/2025 08:09, Patrick Steinhardt wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 03, 2025 at 11:40:05AM -0700, Junio C Hamano wrote:
>>
>> I have no problem with that.  I am still unsure about that "reftable
>> cares about the name being 'master'" thing.  If that can live with
>> any 6 byte name, we may want to fix it to something different from
>> 'master', for the sake of removing 'master'.  Perhaps 'banana' or
>> something?
> 
> Huh, did I miss anything? I scanned the thread for reftables but
> couldn't find any discussion around it relying on a 6 byte name. Could
> you maybe provide a pointer to what you are referring to?

c.f. <[email-masked]>. In t0613 some of the tests check 
various sizes of things in the reftable and those depend on the length 
of the branch name

Thanks

Phillip