Subject: Re: [PATCH v3 4/4] add-patch: add diff.context command line overrides

From: Phillip Wood <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 1 Jul 2025 10:59:49 +0100

Hi Leon

On 28/06/2025 17:34, Leon Michalak via GitGitGadget wrote:
> From: Leon Michalak <[email-masked]>
>  
> +for cmd in add checkout restore 'commit -m file'
> +do
> +	test_expect_success "${cmd%% *} accepts -U and --inter-hunk-context" "

Looking at this again, I think the test bodies here and below should be 
wrapped in single quotes because they are passed to eval and we want to 
expand $cmd when the body is evaluated, not before. That would also 
simplify the quoting inside the tests as we don't need to escape double 
quotes. That's not your fault - you've just copied what I suggested before.

> +test_expect_success 'The -U option overrides diff.context for "add"' '
> +	test_config diff.context 8 &&
> +	git add -U4 -p >output &&
> +	test_grep ! "^ firstline" output
> +'

Don't the tests above check this as they set diff.context and 
diff.interhunkcontext and pass different values to -U and 
--inter-hunk-context?

Thanks

Phillip