Subject: [PATCH 0/4] doc: am: improve command linking and add am.messageId

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 9 Feb 2026 18:34:33 +0100

From: Kristoffer Haugsbakk <[email-masked]>

Topic name: kh/doc-am-messageid

Topic summary: I noticed that `am.messageId` was not documented. In the
process I thought that the way that git-am(1) refers to commands is a
bit off. Replace all things like 'git am'/`git rebase` with
`linkgit`. Also fill out hook documentation.

Notes to the maintainer: this conflicts with topic
kh/doc-am-format-sendmail in `seen` because of an adjacent paragraph.

Kristoffer Haugsbakk (4):
  doc: am: normalize git(1) command links
  doc: am: say that --message-id adds a trailer
  doc: am: add missing config am.messageId
  doc: am: fill out hook discussion

 Documentation/config/am.adoc | 24 +++++++++------
 Documentation/git-am.adoc    | 58 ++++++++++++++++++++----------------
 2 files changed, 47 insertions(+), 35 deletions(-)

base-commit: 67ad42147a7acc2af6074753ebd03d904476118f
-- 
2.53.0.26.g2afa8602a26