Subject: Re: cg-update bug?

From: walt <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 21 Jan 2006 13:59:29 -0800

Petr Baudis wrote:
> Dear diary, on Sat, Jan 21, 2006 at 04:03:59PM CET, I got a letter
> where walt <[email-masked]> said that...
>> Thanks for adding the flag, Petr.  I tried it on git and
>> the kernel this morning, and in each case cg-update -v
>> printed the name of only one file.  From looking at the
>> logs I'm pretty sure there were multiple files updated,
>> not just one.  Does it print all filenames for you?

> It prints all the filenames for me, but only the fetched ones. If you
> fetched without merge earlier, it will list only the newly fetched
> stuff. That is rather confusing, so now I added also cg-merge -v and
> cg-update will pass its -v to cg-merge instead of cg-fetch.

Well, I was anxious to try your new changes so I did cg-update on
your cogito repository and I saw *six* updated files print out.

I guess that both git and the kernel really did have only *one*
updated file this morning, after all.  A really bizarre coincidence!
Thanks again for the update, and I hope your exam went well :o)