Subject: Re: parsecvs tool now creates git repositories

From: Jakub Narebski <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 03 Apr 2006 16:21:10 +0200

Erik Mouw wrote:

> On Sat, Apr 01, 2006 at 09:36:28PM -0800, Keith Packard wrote:
>> The UI is a total disaster, sufficient for testing. You must create an
>> Authors file in the current directory which looks like the git-cvsimport
>> authors file. You must also have a edit-change-log program in your path
>> which edits the commit message in place. /bin/true will work if you
>> don't need to edit the messages.
>> 
>> I should clearly steal the existing git-cvsimport command line arguments
>> and use those.
> 
> What is the current way to use it? I get the impression it reads raw ,v
> files, but how do I get along with a remote CVS repository?

>>From the comments on #git, parsecvs reads raw ,v files for creating history
tree, then uses 'cvs co ...' for getting the contents.

If you have access to remote CVS repository, it was suggested to use either
cvsclone or cvsup.

-- 
Jakub Narebski
Warsaw, Poland