Subject: Re: Two gitweb feature requests

From: Jakub Narebski <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 29 Apr 2006 13:16:26 +0200

It would be nice if gitweb provided for the GIT repository description which
doesn't fit the "Description" column and is shortened, and any other text
which doesn't fit it's own column, full text of said field as the "title"
attribute for the cell 'td' element, or encompasing 'span' element. It
would result in having full, not shortened text of said field (e.g.
repository description) in the pop-up on mouse hover over said field. To
simplify things it could be provided unconditionally, regardless whether
the field needs shortening or not.

By the way, would it be possible for the repository without provided
description to stand out more, perhaps by changing formatting of default
description: 
  "Unnamed repository; edit this file to name it for gitweb."
to use ALL CAPS for attention, like that: 
  "UNNAMED REPOSITORY; edit this file to name it for gitweb."
or perhaps if possible use HTML formatting [additionally] for that.

-- 
Jakub Narebski
Warsaw, Poland