Subject: Re: [ANNOUNCE] Revamped Git homepage

From: Jakub Narebski <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 04 May 2006 03:01:33 +0200

Petr Baudis wrote:

> Well, here we go, I've just uploaded a new version of the Git homepage;
> I wonder how you feel about it now.
> 
> Obviously, it still feels rather empty and I'm certainly not much of
> a webmaster myself, but I take patches and pull requests; see
> http://git.or.cz/community.html for the Git homepage git repository
> information.
> 
> I've borrowed Jonas Fonseca's ELinks homepage design first, but the
> contents ended up almost entirely rewritten as well (except the Related
> Tools section, which stayed mostly as it was). Git now poses as a real
> version control system and the plumbing stuff is mentioned only in the
> bottom paragraphs. ;-)

Very nice, although earlier version had the advantage of having everything
on one page. I hope that no information was lost.

What it lacks is the link in menu bar to Home (or News), 
i.e. http://git.or.cz/ or http://git.or.cz/index.html page.

About Download page (http://git.or.cz/download.html) - it would be nice to
have in comments about firewalls told which port git uses for git://
protocol.

-- 
Jakub Narebski
Warsaw, Poland