Subject: Re: [PATCH v2] contrib: update thunderbird-patch-inline

From: Phillip Wood <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 May 2025 15:21:04 +0100

Hi Patrick

On 19/05/2025 06:38, Patrick Steinhardt wrote:
> On Fri, May 16, 2025 at 02:53:55PM +0100, Phillip Wood wrote:
>> Changes since V1:
>>
>>    - removed the original definition of SEP (thanks to Junio for
>>      pointing that out)
> 
> What I still don't quite understand: who is this update for? The
> existing script is broken for years and nobody showed interest so far to
> fix it. So I don't think it makes sense to fix the script just to keep
> on dragging it with us.
> 
> If the answer is "you" then I'd be fine with it. But if the answer is
> a hypothetical "someone" then I'd honestly prefer to just remove dead
> weight and not bother with this update.

Personally I don't mind that much either way as I think using the 
"toggle line wrap" is more convenient for including patches in a mail 
(though that unfortunately only works with the current esr release and 
earlier). I agree with your previous mail that having this patch on the 
mailing list could be useful for anyone searching for this in the future 
so I re-rolled to fix the issue that Junio pointed out.

Note directly related to this series but looking at the format-patch 
documentation in mentions the "external editor" plugin which has been 
superseded by "external editor revived" and "toggle word wrap" which has 
been superseded by "toggle line wrap" so we should probably update that.

Best Wishes

Phillip