Subject: Re: Windows binaries for qgit 2.0

From: "Marco Costalba" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 16 Dec 2007 08:55:37 +0100

On Dec 16, 2007 8:26 AM, Abdelrazak Younes <[email-masked]> wrote:
>
> Sorry for the intrusion in this list but you don't need to compile Qt
> statically IMO. Just bundle the Qt dlls that you needs (most probably
> QtCore and QtGui) with you executable and be done with it.
>

Yes. That's another option, I will try that to see if things get better.

>
> If you are using debug dlls, those are known to be slower  because of

Actually I use debug dll for normal development and never experienced slowness.
I switched to "release" library to create the qgit package and _now_ I
have the thing much slower and also misbehaving. So for me are the
release library that have problems, not the debug ones.

> In any case, if you want to gain
> speed, you should compile with MSVC (MSVC2005Express is free as in beer).
>

Yes, I was thinking about this, but Qt don't officially supports MSVC
for the Qt4 GPL libraries, so that's the reason I was stick to mingw
(although now it comes more and more clear to me that the shipped
version has problems with release compiled libraries)

> Hope this helps,
> Abdel.

Yes, thanks a lot.
Marco