Subject: Re: [PATCH v5 13/15] Reftable support for git-core

From: Derrick Stolee <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2021 07:40:24 -0400

On 3/12/2021 3:19 PM, Han-Wen Nienhuys via GitGitGadget wrote:
> diff --git a/Documentation/config/extensions.txt b/Documentation/config/extensions.txt
> index 4e23d73cdcad..82c5940f1434 100644
> --- a/Documentation/config/extensions.txt
> +++ b/Documentation/config/extensions.txt
> @@ -6,3 +6,12 @@ extensions.objectFormat::
>  Note that this setting should only be set by linkgit:git-init[1] or
>  linkgit:git-clone[1].  Trying to change it after initialization will not
>  work and will produce hard-to-diagnose issues.
> ++

I noticed while resolving conflicts with my series, which also edits this
file, that the "+" line above should be removed. That likely munges the
fact that the config entry below should be its own list item, not a
continuation of the previous one.

> +extensions.refStorage::
> +	Specify the ref storage mechanism to use.  The acceptable values are `files` and
> +	`reftable`.  If not specified, `files` is assumed.  It is an error to specify
> +	this key unless `core.repositoryFormatVersion` is 1.
> ++
> +Note that this setting should only be set by linkgit:git-init[1] or
> +linkgit:git-clone[1].  Trying to change it after initialization will not
> +work and will produce hard-to-diagnose issues.

The only other conflict is that we are trying to write at the end of
the file. extensions.sparseIndex should go after this option.

Thanks,
-Stolee