Subject: Re: [RFC] gitweb wishlist and TODO list

From: Jakub Narebski <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2006 11:01:04 +0200

Jakub Narebski wrote:

> I am planning on copying features from xmms2's gitweb version 
> to git's gitweb, and introducing new ones.

> * Refactor generation of navigation bar. There are at least two
>   implementations of that. With hash dispatch it would be easy to
>   list all possibilities.

Actually I think that whole gitweb.cgi needs refactoring, badly. Generation
of navigation bar is only one, admittedly worst, example of code
duplication.

Another gitweb feature I can think of:

* Add information about from which repository and which branch in the
  remote repository given branch (head) came from. Should support both
  $GIT_DIR/branches and $GIT_DIR/remotes format, and be easy extendable
  to support branch/repo/remotes configuration in config.

  I think it would be best to show this info (as it is variable long length,
  and optional) as the last column of heads listing. Or would be better to
  just add link with the remote name as text?

  Is git://host.xz/path/to/repo.git#branch correct branch URI?

-- 
Jakub Narebski
Warsaw, Poland
ShadeHawk on #git