Subject: [PATCH v2 3/5] docs(l10n): add AI agent instructions for updating po/XX.po files

From: Jiang Xin <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 3 Mar 2026 23:33:30 +0800

Add a new section po/AGENTS.md to provide clear instructions for
updating language-specific PO files. The improved documentation
significantly reduces both model interaction rounds and execution time.

Performance evaluation using the qwen model:

    # Before: instructions in po/README.md; custom prompt references it
    git-po-helper agent-test --runs=5 --agent=qwen update-po \
        --prompt="Update po/zh_CN.po according to po/README.md"

    # After: instructions in po/AGENTS.md; built-in prompt references it
    git-po-helper agent-test --runs=5 --agent=qwen update-po

Benchmark results (5-run average):

    | Metric      | Before  | After  | Improvement |
    |-------------|---------|--------|-------------|
    | Turns:      | 22      | 4      | -82%        |
    | Exec time   | 38s     | 9s     | -76%        |
    | Turn range  | 17-39   | 3-9    |             |
    | Time range  | 25s-68s | 7s-14s |             |

This change makes agent workflows more efficient and reduces API costs
by minimizing redundant LLM interactions and file content checks.

Signed-off-by: Jiang Xin <[email-masked]>
---
 po/AGENTS.md | 16 ++++++++++++++++
 1 file changed, 16 insertions(+)

diff --git a/po/AGENTS.md b/po/AGENTS.md
index 1fcef9119a..5eb1a606e1 100644
--- a/po/AGENTS.md
+++ b/po/AGENTS.md
@@ -72,6 +72,22 @@ The command will handle all necessary steps including file creation or
 update automatically.

+### Task 2: Updating po/XX.po
+
+When asked to "update po/XX.po" or similar requests (where XX is a
+language code):
+
+1. **Directly execute** the command `make po-update PO_FILE=po/XX.po`
+   without reading or checking the file content beforehand.
+
+2. **Do not verify, translate, or review** the updated file after execution.
+   Simply run the command and consider the task complete.
+
+The command will handle all necessary steps including generating
+"po/git.pot" and merging new translatable strings into "po/XX.po"
+automatically.
+
+
 ## Human translators remain in control
 
 Git translation is human-driven; language team leaders and contributors are
-- 
2.53.0.rc2.20.g532543fa46