Subject: qgit idea: marking refs (heads and tags)

From: Jakub Narebski <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 04 Jul 2006 08:58:47 +0200

One thing I sorely lack in qgit as compared to gitk (and even gitweb[*1*])
is marking commits with refs (heads and tags, marked with different colors
or different shape marker). gitk currently uses markers in short log line
before text of commit summary, gitweb uses markers after (at the end) of
commit log summary. In qgit head commits are marked as such, but not to
which branche they belong[*2*].

And also somewhat (but to much lesser extent) showing explicitely sha1-ids
for commit, parents, tree, referenced object (in tag), to copy'n'paste to
shell.

[*1*] Currently _only_ in summary view IIRC, see e.g.
http://www.kernel.org/git/?p=git/git.git;a=summary
[*2*] gitk has also somewhat expensive "branches that commit belongs to" and
"closest tag(s) that are in lineage of this commit".

-- 
Jakub Narebski
Warsaw, Poland
ShadeHawk on #git