Subject: Re: qgit idea: marking refs (heads and tags)

From: Jakub Narebski <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 04 Jul 2006 14:45:17 +0200

Marco Costalba wrote:

> On 7/4/06, Jakub Narebski <[email-masked]> wrote:
>> One thing I sorely lack in qgit as compared to gitk (and even gitweb[*1*])
>> is marking commits with refs (heads and tags, marked with different colors
>> or different shape marker). gitk currently uses markers in short log line
>> before text of commit summary, gitweb uses markers after (at the end) of
>> commit log summary. In qgit head commits are marked as such, but not to
>> which branche they belong[*2*].
> 
> Currently you have to select the head and the status bar will show
> related information: branch, tag message, etc.

That is step in right direction, but still when viewing history as a whole
I'd like to know which branch is which. Head refs are marked, so it shouldn't
be much work (well, perhaps some on the GUI side) to add, as an option,
head name somewhere (before or after, or even somwehere else) along commit
"subject".

>> And also somewhat (but to much lesser extent) showing explicitely sha1-ids
>> for commit, parents, tree, referenced object (in tag), to copy'n'paste to
>> shell.
> 
> Something as a typical browser "copy selected link" context menu entry?

Yes, "copy sha1 of selected link" would be nice.

-- 
Jakub Narebski
Warsaw, Poland
ShadeHawk on #git