Subject: Re: [PATCH 1/1] builtin/pull.c: use config value of autostash

From: Philippe Blain <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 4 Jan 2022 23:02:22 -0500

Hi again John,

Le 2022-01-04 à 22:40, Philippe Blain a écrit :
> Hi John,
> 
> Le 2022-01-04 à 16:45, John Cai a écrit :
> 
> Usually we start the commit message by a description of the current behaviour,
> so in the case of a bugfix like here, a description of the exact behaviour
> that triggers the bug. As Tilman reported, this only affects fast-forwards,
> so that should be mentioned in your commit message.
> While what you wrote is not wrong per se (although I'm not sure what you meant
> with point 4), almost all of the behaviour is
> correct, apart from the (rebase + ff) case, so I would focus on that.

I forgot to mention in my previous mail, but in the same vein, I think your
commit message title could reflect a little more the bug you are fixing, maybe
something like

pull: honor 'rebase.autostash' if rebase fast-forwards

or something similar.