Subject: Re: [PATCH v2 07/12] bundle: safely handle --objects option

From: Derrick Stolee <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 8 Mar 2022 08:45:57 -0500

On 3/8/2022 4:37 AM, Ævar Arnfjörð Bjarmason wrote:
> 
> Re this comment on v1: https://lore.kernel.org/git/[email-masked]/
> Aside from whether that's a good idea, doesn't that at least point to
> missing test coverage here, see traverse_non_commits() and other paths
> in list-objects.c that'll call ctx->show_object().
> 
> I think an actually sensible patch for this is the below, i.e. the API
> is conflating "do show" with "should we show AND we have a callback?":
...
> I think that'll do what you want, and also seems to set us up for safer
> API use going forward, i.e. we have a couple of NULL-passing callers
> already.

Squashing this change into the commit makes most sense to attribute
authorship to you. May I forge your sign-off in that patch for v3?

Thanks,
-Stolee