Subject: Re: [PATCH 2] gitweb: Use list for of open for running git commands, thorougly.

From: Jakub Narebski <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2006 14:59:24 +0200

Junio C Hamano wrote:

> This, together with PATCH 6, seems to break "history" link.
> Visit a repository (summary page), click on "tree" on the second
> line, and click on "history" (on any blob or tree).

It works for me (both --full-history and gitweb) for git 1.4.1.1, although
--full-history doesn't seem to add anything for this version of git:

  ~/git> time git rev-list HEAD -- gitweb/test/file+plus+sign
  0a8f4f0020cb35095005852c0797f0b90e9ebb74

  real    0m2.562s
  user    0m2.412s
  sys     0m0.024s

  ~/git> time git rev-list --full-history HEAD -- gitweb/test/file+plus+sign
  0a8f4f0020cb35095005852c0797f0b90e9ebb74

  real    0m8.564s
  user    0m7.212s
  sys     0m0.068s

while correct result should be

  ~/git> time git rev-list HEAD -- gitweb/test/file+plus+sign \
                                   test/file+plus+sign
  0a8f4f0020cb35095005852c0797f0b90e9ebb74
  85852d44e48c1d1c6d815cc5fccf1b580f2f2cad
  cc3245b6512a01d74c0fd460d762ba8a1e8b968a

  real    0m2.565s
  user    0m2.452s
  sys     0m0.008s

git version 1.4.1.1
-- 
Jakub Narebski
Warsaw, Poland
ShadeHawk on #git