Subject: Re: [PATCH 1/4] autoconf: Check for working mmap

From: Jakub Narebski <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 04 Aug 2006 21:02:07 +0200

Junio C Hamano wrote:

> Jakub Narebski <[email-masked]> writes:
> 
>> Use AC_FUNC_MMAP check to check if the `mmap' function exists and
>> works correctly.  (It only checks private fixed mapping of
>> already-mapped memory.)
> 
> This tests something we do not really care about (we do not
> mmap MAP_FIXED, and not over an already allocated space).

Well, I have noticed that there exist AC_FUNC_MMAP, used it, 
then read about its limitations.

Is there any platform that passes this test, but needs NO_MMAP?
If so, then disregard this patch.
-- 
Jakub Narebski
Warsaw, Poland
ShadeHawk on #git