Subject: Re: [PATCH/RFC] gitweb: Great subroutines renaming

From: Jakub Narebski <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 09 Aug 2006 13:01:32 +0200

Junio C Hamano wrote:

> Jakub Narebski <[email-masked]> writes:
> 
>> It is needed in gitweb to create pagination/paging navigation bar. 
>> Currently it is done by reading all the output into array, and 
>> checking length of this array.
> 
> If you want to show 10 and do ... when you have more than that,
> the standard technique is to ask for 11 ;-).

It's not a problem to do '...'/'next' link _after_ the body, but
the paging navigation bar is at the _top_ of page, before 
outputting the body. See e.g.
  http://www.kernel.org/git/?p=git/git.git;a=shortlog
there is "HEAD * prev * next" at the top, and "next" at the bottom
of the revision list.

-- 
Jakub Narebski
Warsaw, Poland
ShadeHawk on #git