Subject: Re: [PATCH] gitweb: use common parameter parsing and generation for "o", too.

From: Jakub Narebski <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 19 Aug 2006 12:55:57 +0200

Martin Waitz wrote:

> Perhaps introduce a new function which is used to access the parameters?
> This new function could check the URL or CGI->param or whatever and then
> return the requested value.

CGI->param. There is no reason to duplicate CGI module.

> Then the action functions could get all parameters they need, validate
> them themselves and then act on them.
> This would suit my "break out parameter parsing from actions" and your
> "validate parameters in the action function".
> (And I really interpret your sentence in such a way that you only want
> to move the _validation_, not the actual parsing (which is done inside
> CGI->param at the moment.)

Validation and accessing. Parsing via CGI->param.

There is another reason I want to move accessing and validation of
parameters to the "action" function (perhaps, as you suggested, via
"wrapper" function), namely removing some global variables. Perhaps it is
unnecessary, but I wonder how well that works with mod_perl. Other global
variables are configuration and do not change form execution to execution
of script...

-- 
Jakub Narebski
Warsaw, Poland
ShadeHawk on #git