Subject: Re: [PATCH/RFC 0/4] gitweb: ViewVC-like "tree_blame" view

From: Jakub Narebski <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2006 03:05:43 +0200

Josef Weidendorfer wrote:

> On Thursday 31 August 2006 02:18, Jakub Narebski wrote:
>> Ooops, I forgot to explain this. Strike-through, which actually should be
>> using different color like red for example means that the file has
>> 1-commit long history, i.e. it just appeared in given commit.
> 
> Seems useful. Perhaps better green. And red for...
> (As you talk about "just appeared") What's about deleted files, similar
> to attic in CVS? It could be quite useful to provide an alternate
> tree-blame mode including deleted files; where the given commit
> would specify the deletion.

Deletion, or renaming.

Actually the currently used implementation (2-items max length history for
each file) doesn't allow for that. The other two implementations (you can
choose other 2 implementations by changing 'rev-list' in "my $version =
shift || 'rev-list'" to 'diff-tree' or 'ls-tree') can do this. I think it
would be perhaps easiest with git-ls-tree, if git-ls-tree would acquire
--stdin option, similar to git-diff-tree...

-- 
Jakub Narebski
Warsaw, Poland
ShadeHawk on #git