Subject: Re: [PATCH/RFC 0/4] gitweb: ViewVC-like "tree_blame" view

From: Jakub Narebski <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2006 11:22:34 +0200

Jakub Narebski wrote:

> Josef Weidendorfer wrote:
> 
>> On Thursday 31 August 2006 02:18, Jakub Narebski wrote:
>>> Ooops, I forgot to explain this. Strike-through, which actually should
>>> be using different color like red for example means that the file has
>>> 1-commit long history, i.e. it just appeared in given commit.
>> 
>> Seems useful. Perhaps better green. And red for...
>> (As you talk about "just appeared") What's about deleted files, similar
>> to attic in CVS? It could be quite useful to provide an alternate
>> tree-blame mode including deleted files; where the given commit
>> would specify the deletion.
> 
> Deletion, or renaming.
> 
> Actually the currently used implementation (2-items max length history for
> each file) doesn't allow for that. The other two implementations (you can
> choose other 2 implementations by changing 'rev-list' in "my $version =
> shift || 'rev-list'" to 'diff-tree' or 'ls-tree') can do this. I think it
> would be perhaps easiest with git-ls-tree, if git-ls-tree would acquire
> --stdin option, similar to git-diff-tree...

Actually, unless you list only "accidental" deleted files, i.e. the ones
encountered during "blaming" all the files in given directory, you would
need to go all the way back to the root to be sure that all deleted or
renamed files are listed.

-- 
Jakub Narebski
Warsaw, Poland
ShadeHawk on #git