Subject: Re: file rename causes history to disappear

From: Jakub Narebski <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 06 Sep 2006 21:25:47 +0200

Jakub Narebski wrote:

> Linus Torvalds wrote:
> 
>>> git-rev-list could then output hash with current set of <filenames>, which
>>> were given <filename> at the beginning, i.e.
>>>   <hash> -- <filename> [<filename>...]

> I'm not that sure. The output could be changed to, for example
>   <hash> SP <quoted-filename> [SP <quoted-filename> ...]

The "<hash> -- <filename> [<filename>...]" was to allow the followed 
<filename> to be pathspec for other command, for example 
   git-diff-tree --stdin
(if git-diff-tree accepts pathspec limiting on stdin, and not only
revisions, or pairs of revisions; according to 1.4.2 documentation
--stdin is for reading either one  <commit>  or a pair of <tree-ish>
separated with a single space from its input -- no pathspecs).
-- 
Jakub Narebski
Warsaw, Poland
ShadeHawk on #git