Subject: Re: [RFC] gitweb wishlist and TODO list

From: Jakub Narebski <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 08 Sep 2006 02:44:37 +0200

Jakub Narebski wrote:

> * Committags support, i.e. extend hyperlinking commit sha1 to commit
>   view to hyperlinking bug #nn/BUG(nn) to the proper bugtracker, in both
>   commit message view and (harder to do properly) in commit
>   title/subject line which is hyperlink itself. The problem is how to do
>   this general enough...
> 
>   I have thought about structure somewhat similar to %feature hash, i.e.
>   something like %commitfilter hash, with 'enabled', 'override', 'name',
>   'options' or something like that and of course 'sub' (as we probably
>   would use $cgi->a(...) to construct hyperlink, and not simple regexp
>   replacement.

I have very preliminary work, where gitweb uses @enabled_committags as list
of committags to use, and %committags_info for actual committags info.
Examples of committags includes current linking of commit sha1,
gitweb-xmms2 linking of BUG(n) and FEATURE(n) to site-wide based URL
(Mantis), and RELEASE x.y.z to site-wide based URL (Wiki); perhaps "bug n"
to site-wide/project-wide URL (Bugzilla)... any other ideas?
-- 
Jakub Narebski
Warsaw, Poland
ShadeHawk on #git