Subject: Re: Dropping Git.pm (at least Git.xs)?

From: Jakub Narebski <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2006 00:13:01 +0200

Sam Vilain wrote:

> Dennis Stosberg wrote:
>> Having perl bindings to git internals and sometime in the future to a
>> libified git is a great thing.  It will allow people to do interesting
>> things, quickly trying concepts without having to write any C code.
>> And I expect that gitweb can be sped up remarkably by using Git.pm (no
>> forking, parsing of command output often not necessary, easy caching of
>> frequently cached data across calls, etc)
> 
> FWIW, I have been starting on a perl implementation.  It uses the
> Git.pm, but not for anything *that* important.  It's still very young,
> but once I have reading and writing files basically working, I'll
> release it to CPAN separately - no reason it needs to be distributed
> with Git itself.
> 
> See http://utsl.gen.nz/gitweb/?p=VCS-Git

Could you please put appropriate information on GitWiki
  http://git.or.cz/gitwiki/InterfacesFrontendsAndTools
Perhaps it would be good time to start new section, Git Implementations,
and put egit (Java GIT library and Eclipse plugin) there too.

-- 
Jakub Narebski
Warsaw, Poland
ShadeHawk on #git