Subject: Re: [PATCH 2/3] gitweb: Allow for href() to be used for projectless links

From: Jakub Narebski <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2006 09:21:37 +0200

Junio C Hamano wrote:

> Jakub Narebski <[email-masked]> writes:
> 
>> Change adding project to params if $params{"project"} is false
>> to adding project to params if it not exist. It allows for href()
>> to be used for projectless links by using "project=>undef" as
>> argument, while still adding project to params by default
>> in the most common case.
> 
> This did not parse very well, at least for me.

O.K. let me rephrase it. Before this patch href() ensured that we had
p=<project> among CGI params, by adding it if it was not provided. Some
actions don't need project parameter, namely "project_list",
"project_index" and "opml". Moreover "project_list" view was sed as a
_home_ link, i.e. default action when project was not provided (just like
summary is default action when project is provided).

The change introduced by this patch allow to use href() to generate links
also for "project_list" and "opml" views. The only links which do not use
href() are anchor links, and $home_link link.
-- 
Jakub Narebski
Warsaw, Poland
ShadeHawk on #git