Subject: Re: [PATCH] gitweb: Support for custom per-project owner string

From: Jakub Narebski <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2006 01:04:50 +0200

Petr Baudis wrote:

> This adds very simple support for per-project setting of the owner string
> (in an environment where the actual owners won't have access to the
> repositories accessed by gitweb, so faking identity is not an issue).

Is it really needed? If $projects_list is a _file_, you can set correct
ownership information there.

Now $projects_list being a directory (usually $projectroot) support
hierarchy of repositories; generating appropriate projects' index file
is as easy as unsetting $projects_list (so it is by default set to
$projectroot), going to summary view, clicking [TXT] link on the left of
[OPML] link at the bottom, copy the result to projects' index file, correct
ownership information (and perhaps remove some projects), and set
$projects_list to this file.
-- 
Jakub Narebski
Warsaw, Poland
ShadeHawk on #git