Subject: Re: [PATCH] gitweb: Fix showing of path in tree view

From: Jakub Narebski <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2006 01:35:36 +0200

Petr Baudis wrote:

> This patch fixes two things - links to all path elements except the last
> one were broken since gitweb does not like the trailing slash in them, and
> the root tree was not reachable from the subdirectory view.
> 
> To compensate for the one more slash in the front, the trailing slash is
> not there anymore. ;-) I don't care if it stays there though.

Originally '/' was used as separator between directories making the path.
I'd rather use ' / ' to separate parts of pathname more, and not incorporate
it in the link.

Trailing (final) slash is present (and I think should be present) only
for path in "tree" view. From the path alone you can see if it is "tree"
or "blob" view.
-- 
Jakub Narebski
Warsaw, Poland
ShadeHawk on #git