Subject: Re: [PATCH] gitweb: Fix showing of path in tree view

From: Jakub Narebski <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2006 01:38:49 +0200

Jakub Narebski wrote:

> Petr Baudis wrote:
> 
>> This patch fixes two things - links to all path elements except the last
>> one were broken since gitweb does not like the trailing slash in them, and
>> the root tree was not reachable from the subdirectory view.
>> 
>> To compensate for the one more slash in the front, the trailing slash is
>> not there anymore. ;-) I don't care if it stays there though.
> 
> Originally '/' was used as separator between directories making the path.
> I'd rather use ' / ' to separate parts of pathname more, and not incorporate
> it in the link.
> 
> Trailing (final) slash is present (and I think should be present) only
> for path in "tree" view. From the path alone you can see if it is "tree"
> or "blob" view.

About link to root tree: we could change the commit title to link to root
tree instead of linking to commit view.

-- 
Jakub Narebski
Warsaw, Poland
ShadeHawk on #git