Subject: Re: Git Survey summary

From: Jakub Narebski <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2006 18:49:28 +0200

Petr Baudis wrote:

>> When reading the mailing list via the web I do tend to read through
>> GMane more than MARC but I can't state why I have that preference.
>> It just happens.  Maybe I prefer white backgrounds over black ones?
> 
> Surprisingly few web mailing list interfaces are actually usable for
> reading threads. Gmane is, MARC isn't (you don't see the list of
> references and replies to the current mail, and the next/prev in thread
> links somehow don't seem to be very reliable). That's a killer feature
> for me, if MARC had that I'd have preferred it (I like black background
> and dislike frames).

From what I guessed, MARC groups threads by _title only_, while GMane
seems to parse In-Reply-To:/References: headers for threading.

-- 
Jakub Narebski
Warsaw, Poland
ShadeHawk on #git