Subject: Re: [RFC/PATCH] gitweb: Add committags support

From: Jakub Narebski <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2006 19:55:27 +0200

Jakub Narebski wrote:

> Below there is preliminary (hence RFC) committag support for gitweb,
> based on the idea introduced by Sham Chukoury to gitweb-xmms2.
> 
> The code has all the possible committags I could think of enabled;
> not all are tested, though. This includes existing commitsha tag
> support (full sha links to commit view, is sha is sha of commit),
> mantis bug and feature tags from gitweb-xmms2 (there is no release
> committag of gitweb-xmms2, but it should be fairly easy to add it),
> bugzilla committag for the Linux kernel, plain text URL committag
> (probably doesn't work that well, marking as links examples, and
> sometimes protocol specification), and Message-Id committag via
> GMane git mailing list (and not only) archive -- not tested.
> 
> Comments? Discussion?

For example: is the committags code overengineered, too complex?
Or is it not generic enough? Should all committags code be put into
format_log_line_html, or should we add another subroutine, 
format_committags (or similar)?

What other committags would you like to have?
-- 
Jakub Narebski
Warsaw, Poland
ShadeHawk on #git