Subject: Re: [CFH] Remotes conversion script

From: Jakub Narebski <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 24 Sep 2006 23:39:01 +0200

Petr Baudis wrote:

>   if someone is currently bored, it would be very nice to have a
> conversion script for converting remotes/ to [remote] .config sections
> (unless I missed it and someone already did such a great thing).
> 
>   I think about supporting just the [remote] sections in Cogito since
> they are much easier to handle than the remotes/ file format, but in
> order to maintain reasonable degree of compatibility with current
> repositories (even freshly cloned since git-clone still generates those
> horrible things ;-) ) such a script would be a must... and since this is
> not interesting strictly for Cogito only, I hoped that perhaps some core
> Git people would be interested to help here.

If I remember correctly currently only some functionality provided by
remotes file can be provided by [remote] and [branch] sections of git
config.

-- 
Jakub Narebski
Warsaw, Poland
ShadeHawk on #git