Subject: git-svn fetch fails when a file is renamed changing only case

From: Pazu <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 09 Oct 2006 14:13:51 -0300

For example, if you had a file named TestFile and it's renamed to 
TESTFILE, git-svn fails to fetch revisions after the rename.

My perl skills are close to non-existant, so I'm afraid I don't know how 
to fix this. Attached to this message, however, is a sample svn 
repository that can reproduce this bug. Just unpack it somewhere (let's 
say, in /tmp) and try the following:

tar -C /tmp -xzf git-svn-rename-test.tar.gz
mkdir test-wc
cd test-wc
git-svn init file:///tmp/git-svn-rename-test
git-svn fetch

The last command will fail after fetching revision #3, where a file 
named TestFile was renamed to TESTFILE. Here's the stack trace:

svn: 'TestFile' is not under version control
256 at /Users/pazu/bin/git-svn line 2015
         main::safe_qx('svn', 'propget', 'svn:keywords', 
'TestFile@BASE') called at /Users/pazu/bin/git-svn line 2154
         main::svn_propget_base('svn:keywords', 'TestFile') called at 
/Users/pazu/bin/git-svn line 1773
         main::do_update_index('ARRAY(0x180bd68)', 'remove', 'undef') 
called at /Users/pazu/bin/git-svn line 1805
         main::index_changes() called at /Users/pazu/bin/git-svn line 1875
         main::git_commit('HASH(0x180bd98)', 
'c77db38dc752305ba19ebe19b22306551d0f8d52') called at 
/Users/pazu/bin/git-svn line 346
         main::fetch_cmd() called at /Users/pazu/bin/git-svn line 290
         main::fetch() called at /Users/pazu/bin/git-svn line 149

I'm on Mac OS X (Intel) 10.4.8

mini:~ pazu$ uname -a
Darwin mini.intranet.ecore.com.br 8.8.1 Darwin Kernel Version 8.8.1: Mon 
Sep 25 19:42:00 PDT 2006; root:xnu-792.13.8.obj~1/RELEASE_I386 i386 i386

Git was compiled from the released 1.4.2.3 sources, without any 
modifications:

mini:~ pazu$ git-svn --version
git-svn version 1.4.2.3

If you need more information, you can contact me directly, or just use 
the list -- I'll be here listening :)

-- Marcus Brito