Subject: Re: Integrating gitweb and git-browser (was: Re: VCS comparison table)

From: Jakub Narebski <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2006 03:36:36 +0200

Petr Baudis wrote:

> BTW, I'm thinking about implementing some plugin functionality for
> gitweb 

Features support is kind of plugin system for gitweb. But certainly we could
split gitweb into modules.

> so that you can add your own views, so that git-browser can 
> integrate to it more reasonably. (Currently it has completely different
> UI and you have to patch gitweb in order to get the proper links at
> proper places.) Sure, git-browser might get fully integrated to gitweb
> later but that needs to be done sensitively so that people are not
> scared by the horrible javascript blobs, etc.; currently git-browser is
> very experimental, and adding it would be quite intrusive.

I was thinking about adding using JavaScript, in shortlog (and perhaps
shortlog-extended, i.e. with date and author) views one extra "diagram"
column, with width set using JavaScript generated embedded style, and use
only part of git-browser that generates diagram to draw it there.

-- 
Jakub Narebski
Warsaw, Poland
ShadeHawk on #git