Subject: Re: VCS comparison table

From: Jakub Narebski <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Oct 2006 12:40:11 +0200

Andreas Ericsson wrote:

> Christian MICHON wrote:
>
>> close to 200 post on bzr-git war!
>> is this the right place (git mailing list) to discuss about future
>> features of bzr ?
>> 
> 
> Perhaps not, but the tone is friendly (mostly), the patience of the 
> bazaar people seems infinite and lots of people seem to be having fun 
> while at the same time learning a thing or two about a different SCM.
> Best case scenario, both git and bazaar come out of the discussion as 
> better tools. If there would never be any cross-pollination, git 
> wouldn't have half the features it has today.

And it certainly helps to explain user-visible differences between
Bazaar-NG and GIT; I'd like to put ComparisonWithBazaarNG page on
GitWiki (http://git.or.cz/gitwiki/) some time soon, in addition
to ComparisonWithMercurial I meant to add from some time (stemming
from discussion on #revctrl list on FreeNode), and in addition
to existing GitSvnComparison page on GitWiki).
-- 
Jakub Narebski
Warsaw, Poland
ShadeHawk on #git