Subject: Re: VCS comparison table

From: Jakub Narebski <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Oct 2006 12:53:51 +0200

Aaron Bentley wrote:

>>>          And I personally have been developing a bugtracker that is
>>> distributed in the same way bzr is; it stores bug data in the source
>>> tree of a project, so that bug activities follow branches around.
>>
>> That kind of thing sounds very useful. As I've been talking about
>> "numbers" here in bug trackers and mailing lists, it should be obvious
>> that I consider the information stored in such systems an important
>> part of the history of a code project. So it would be nice if all of
>> that history were stored in an equally reliable system in some way.
> 
> If you're interested, it's called "Bugs Everywhere" and it's available here:
> http://panoramicfeedback.com/opensource/
> 
> New VCS backends are welcome :-D

While SCM can (and should be usually) distributed, I think that bugtracker
has to be centralized.