Subject: Re: fetching packs and storing them as packs

From: Jakub Narebski <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2006 05:20:53 +0200

Sean wrote:

> On Thu, 26 Oct 2006 23:00:54 -0400
> Shawn Pearce <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
>> What happens when the incoming pack (steps #2 and #3) takes 15
>> minutes to upload (slow ADSL modem, lots of objects) and the
>> background repack process sees those temporary refs and starts
>> trying to include those objects?  It can't walk the DAG that those
>> refs point at because the objects aren't in the current repository.
> 
> As long as there was standard naming for such temporary refs,
> they could be completely ignored by the repack process, no?

You meant I think: half ignored. Taken into account when finding
which parts are referenced to delete (-d part), but not complain
if they don't point to anything (validation).

-- 
Jakub Narebski
Warsaw, Poland
ShadeHawk on #git