Subject: Re: [PATCH] Improve git-prune -n output

From: Jakub Narebski <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 28 Oct 2006 16:00:28 +0200

Andy Parkins wrote:

> prune_object() in show_only mode would previously just show the path to the
> object that would be deleted.  The path the object is stored in shouldn't be
> shown to users, they only know about sha1 identifiers so show that instead.

This allowed to 'rm -f' [some] of what git-prune -n shows.

Did anybody used that? I don't know...

> Further, the sha1 alone isn't that useful for examining what is going to be
> deleted.  This patch also adds the object type to the output, which makes it
> easy to pick out, say, the commits and use git-show to display them.

Well, you can always use git-lost-found. Perhaps it would be better to add
-n option to git-lost-found to not create refs in $GIT_DIR/lost-found/
directory.

Sorry for being late with that suggestion.
-- 
Jakub Narebski
Warsaw, Poland
ShadeHawk on #git