Subject: Planned new release of git [was: Re: If merging that is really fast forwarding creates new commit]

From: Jakub Narebski <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 07 Nov 2006 23:02:38 +0100

Junio C Hamano wrote:

> We haven't seen a new release from 'master' for about a month.
> I think the dust has settled already after two big topics
> (packed-refs, delta-offset-base) were merged into 'master' since
> v1.4.3, and it is now time to decide which topics that have been
> cooking in 'next' are the ones I want in v1.4.4.  Perhaps by the
> end of the week, I'll cut a v1.4.4-rc1 to start the pre-release
> stabilization process.  No new features nor enhancements on
> 'master' after that until v1.4.4 final.
 
Do I understand correctly that the work on not exploding downloaded
pack on fetch, but making it non-thin, and related work on archival
packs (not to be considered for repacking) is not considered ready
(and tested)?
-- 
Jakub Narebski
Warsaw, Poland
ShadeHawk on #git