Subject: Re: What's in git.git

From: Jakub Narebski <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 08 Nov 2006 08:40:07 +0100

Junio C Hamano wrote:

>    Jakub Narebski (4):
[...]
>       gitweb: Output also empty patches in "commitdiff" view

I think that this patch is a bit premature. Without "new improved patchset
view" the empty patches are just that: totally empty. It is new header and
especially outputting extended header information which makes outputting
"empty" patches (with no diff) in "commitdiff" view usefull. By "empty"
patches I mean pure type change, pure rename, pure copy and type change and
rename.

The "new improved patchset view" is prepared to send in two stages: updated
filename quoting/unquoting series (two patches: unescape + minimal
esc_path; esc_path with span.cntrl and backslash sequence quoting), and
"new improved patchset view" (three patches originally, two remains: using
"git diff" header and extended git diff headers; output and link also to
patches with empty diff; improved formatting of chunk header).
-- 
Jakub Narebski
Warsaw, Poland
ShadeHawk on #git