Subject: tracking separate branches with RSS

From: Han-Wen Nienhuys <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2006 01:44:36 +0100

Hello,

I think that the shortlog / RSS support in gitweb is really neat. 
However, it seems to track only the master branch.

In our repository (http://git.sv.gnu.org/gitweb/?p=lilypond.git;a=summary),
we track two completely disparate branches in one repository: we have 
both the project and the website for the project in branches

   master

and

   web/master

Unfortunately,  I don't seem to get any updates in my RSS reader when I 
push something  to web/master. Would it be possible have a separate feed 
for each branch?  I tried looking at the gitweb script, but my perl-fu 
is too weak to figure out how to pass an argument from the URL into a 
git_rss() to replace  the

   git_get_head_hash($project)

call.

A second possibility -less desirable, but better than nothing- is to 
have commits from all branches show up in the shortlog and the RSS feed.

-- 
  Han-Wen Nienhuys - [email-masked] - http://www.xs4all.nl/~hanwen