Subject: Re: selective git-update-index per diff(1) chunks

From: Jakub Narebski <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 04 Dec 2006 19:05:04 +0100

Sven Verdoolaege wrote:

> On Fri, Dec 01, 2006 at 02:23:14PM +0300, Alexey Dobriyan wrote:
>> Has anyone thought about aggregating this into git-update-index or
>> somewhere?
>> 
>>    git-update-index -C1,3    #chunks 1, 3
>>    git commit
>>    git-update-index -C1,3    # chunks 2,5 in original numbering
>>    git commit
>> 
>> Relying on diff(1) definition of chunks is sorta hacky, though... I admit 
>> it.
> 
> Paul Mackerras modified his dirdiff tool to do something like this.
> I have a couple of patches on top of his version from way back at
> http://www.liacs.nl/~sverdool/gitweb.cgi?p=dirdiff.git;a=summary
> 
> I don't know if he has continued working on this.

If this has support for git, could you add it to GitWiki:
  http://git.or.cz/gitwiki/InterfacesFrontendsAndTools
And perhaps also update related page
  http://git.or.cz/gitwiki/InterfacesFrontendsAndToolsWishlist

Thanks in advance.
-- 
Jakub Narebski
Warsaw, Poland
ShadeHawk on #git