Subject: Re: Re: Moving a directory into another fails

From: Jakub Narebski <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 04 Dec 2006 20:10:12 +0100

Johannes Schindelin wrote:

> On Mon, 4 Dec 2006, Jakub Narebski wrote:
> 
>> [...] git should acquire core.filesystemEncoding configuration variable 
>> which would encode from filesystem encoding used in working directory 
>> and perhaps index to UTF-8 encoding used in repository (in tree objects) 
>> and perhaps index.
> 
> So, you want to pull in all thinkable encodings? Of course, you could rely 
> on libiconv, adding yet another dependency to git. (Yes, I know, mailinfo 
> uses it already. But I never use mailinfo, so I do not need libiconv.)

A conditional dependency. If you don't have libiconv, this feature wouldn't
be available.

-- 
Jakub Narebski
Warsaw, Poland
ShadeHawk on #git