Subject: bug: git-sh-setup should not be in $PATH

From: Han-Wen Nienhuys <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 06 Dec 2006 13:14:27 +0100

Hello,

I often install tools locally so I can run SVN/CVS/etc versions 
in my own account. To do this, I install into

  $HOME/usr/pkg/PACKAGE

and a script that generates scripts in $HOME/usr/bin/ (which is in my $PATH)
like

 #!/bin/sh

 exec /home/lilydev/usr/pkg/git/bin/git-prune "$@"
 # generated: update-pkgs 

this breaks with git-sh-setup; all sh scripts are broken with this
setup.

git-sh-setup isn't a 'normal' binary, in that it should be called by
bash only and not run in a subshell. Therefore I propose that it

- be installed in <prefix>/share/git/

- be invoked with an explicit path, i.e.

  . <prefix>/share/git/

--
 Han-Wen Nienhuys - [email-masked] - http://www.xs4all.nl/~hanwen