Subject: Re: Collection of stgit issues and wishes

From: Jakub Narebski <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 10 Dec 2006 12:06:40 +0100

Jakub Narebski wrote:

>> Here are some issues which are a bit annoying for me:
>> - make "stg help" (without command name) equivalent to "stg --help"
>> - stg new lacks --sign option (I have to remember to do this during
>>   "stg refresh").

And as far as I can see it doe not use git credentials (user.name and
user.email).

> And another one: git uses VISUAL, then EDITOR, while stgit uses EDITOR
> only, so when I prepare VISUAL for git (I use emacsclient), stgit still
> uses EDITOR.

And yet another one: better support for reflog, namely giving the "reason"
i.e. the reflog message (like "stg push: <subject>", "stg refresh:
<subject>", "stg pop: <subject>", "stg commit" etc.), like git-rebase,
git-commit --amend and git-am (for example) does.

P.S. The Vendor: field in stgit RPM has incorrectly
  Catalin Marinas <[email-masked]>
instead of
  Catalin Marinas <[email-masked]>
(.org instead of .com).
-- 
Jakub Narebski
Warsaw, Poland
ShadeHawk on #git