Subject: Re: kernel.org mirroring (Re: [GIT PULL] MMC update)

From: Jakub Narebski <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2006 10:30:04 +0100

Side note: I wonder why this mail is not attached to the rest of thread in
the gmane.comp.version-control.git news/Usenet GMane mirrot of git mailing
list.

[email-masked] wrote:

> Oh!  There is no per-directory shortlog page; that simplifies things.
> But there *should* be.)

There is. It is called "history" (and currently we have only shortlog-like
view for history and no log-like view).

> The only tricky thing is the "n minutes/hours/days ago" timestamps.
> Basically, you want to generate a half-formatted, indefinitely-cacheable
> page that contains them as absolute timestamps, and a have system for
> regenerating the fully-formatted page from that (and the current time).

Or use ECMAScript (JavaScript) for that. I plan (if this feature is
requested) to make it a %feature.

-- 
Jakub Narebski
Warsaw, Poland
ShadeHawk on #git